Subject: Re: AMD on -current
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Brian C. Grayson <bgrayson@marvin.ece.utexas.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/16/1999 18:01:24
On Sat, Jan 16, 1999 at 12:12:40PM -0800, Michael Graff wrote:
> David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com> writes:
>
> > 	Running OK under reasonaly recent -current - Oh, I'm using nfs2
> > 	and udp - I seem to remember some problems with tcp/nfs3 but I
> > 	haven't had an opportunity to play with the machine :)
>
> This is nfs3 over udp.  It just doesn't work, and sometimes takes the
> machine with it.

  Same here (nfs3 over udp).  For us, it broke several months
ago (I posted to current-users at the time with more details --
it was version 6.0a16 that didn't work).  I still had an old
6.0a13 binary around, and that works fine.  (If you need a
working binary for i386, mail me privately.)

  No one seemed very concerned last time around, unfortunately!
And I didn't have the knowledge or time to figure out the
problem.  :(  Any AMD/NFSv3 gurus out there with some time on
their hands?  If not, someone ought to send-pr it, if it hasn't
been already....

  Brian