Subject: Re: SCSI_2_MAX_DENSITY_CODE
To: Greg Wohletz <greg@duke.CS.UNLV.EDU>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/15/1999 18:55:42
The define was put in under complete ignorance. At the time of the SCSI 2
specification, there was a reference in it to 'known' density codes. The
limitation set in st.c is bogus in that it ignore all vendor unique codes
(from 0x80..0xff).

I removed this limit from -current as of 7/30/98 but hadn't the energy to
do the pullup requests to get it into 1.3.3. Sorry.