Subject: Re: man$SECT/$PAGE.$SECT -> cat$SECT/$PAGE.0
To: Todd Vierling <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Not for internal consumption <email@example.com>
Date: 01/14/1999 21:34:28
Todd Vierling sez:
* On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Not for internal consumption wrote:
* : I have here, after a little bit of scripting and experimentation,
* : scripts to generate the cat$SECT/$PAGE.0 pages from the man pages,
* : and lines to add into your /etc/man.conf file. If there is sufficient
* : interest, where should I send these?
* Are you saying that you have something that will `auto-write' a cat page,
* given appropriate permission on man(1)?
...or on /usr/man/cat* [and other man/cat* hiers], Yep, that's what I'm
Ostensibly we will probably want to hack on man(1), directly, given the
nature of what I've had to do, but I was so far into this...um...hack,
that I just had to take it to completion.
If someone wants to make man(1) do the right thing, that'd be great,
too, but I finally have a solution which "works for me", and I'll be
happy to share it.
* -- Todd Vierling (Personal firstname.lastname@example.org; Bus. email@example.com)
System V any flavor: just say NO!