Subject: Re: -mieee option
To: Wada Tatsuaki <wada@faraday.ee.ibaraki.ac.jp>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/14/1999 09:54:45
On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Wada Tatsuaki wrote:

: 	> g++ min.cc -mieee
: 	/usr/lib/libstdc++.so: warning: reference to compatibility vfork();
: 	include <unistd.h> for correct reference

This is unrelated to your problem, but thanks for pointing it out (none of
my machines are this -current yet :).  I'll fix this warning.

: 	>./a.out
: 	Floating point exception (core dumped)
:
: Could someone tell me what the warning message means?

This means you're trying to write a value that's just a tad too small for
output (DBL_MIN is, of course, VERY small - try outputting DBL_MIN*10.0 and
you'll see it work).

: Does "-mieee" option not work for the egcs on NetBSD Alpha?

Actually, it's a no-op; the float format is already IEEE.