Subject: Re: some observations on the peripheral market
To: SAVE MY WALRUS <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/12/1999 09:19:19
On Mon, 11 Jan 1999 11:51:30 -0800  SAVE MY WALRUS wrote:

> ...  My IPX zips along not too badly considering
> it's a, what, 25MHz box?  or is it 40?  [my mips.c program seems to want
> to calculate it at about 40 MIPS, but I must be doing something wrong...]

IPX's don't have SuperSPARCs, but this comment from lmbench's mhz.c may
help:

 * The sparc specific code is to get around a feature of SuperSPARC
 * that does two adds in one clock.  Apparently, only SuperSPARC does this.
 * Thanks to John Mashey (mash@sgi.com) for explaining SuperSPARC to me.

Mind you, the code only has "#ifdef sparc" and nothing else to
differentiate it from any other sort of sparc...

Simon.