Subject: Re: Sharing /usr/src r/o among different architectures
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.Stanford.EDU>
From: None <apr@spade.apc.aip.de>
List: current-users
Date: 01/05/1999 23:34:24
> > This indeed creates the links (which were indeed missing for some programs) e.g.
> >
> > /usr/src/sbin/atactl/obj.i386 -> /var/obj.i386/sbin/atactl
> >
> > BUT now I'm more confused :-( How do I create the subdir atactl in
> > /var/obj.i386/sbin itself ??? I know I did it sometime ... but how?
>
> It's supposed to get made when the link's made. I.E. on the i386 w/ r/w
> usr/src, when you make the obj link, the directory's supposed to get made
> too.

I see - but I talked about making

   make obj MACHINE=i386

on the NFS server - and the /var/obj.i386/sbin/atactl is on the client
(i386) only.
So for the moment I decided to remount /usr/src r/w emporarily and do make obj
on the i386 locally and then remount r/o again for the building of the whole
userland.

This remount procedure has to be done from time to time as the directory
structure in /usr/src changes.

Andreas