Subject: Re: Sharing /usr/src r/o among different architectures
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: None <apr@spade.apc.aip.de>
List: current-users
Date: 01/05/1999 22:07:13
> On Mon, 4 Jan 1999, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>
> > These settings won't work very well on a r/o src tree. The problem is thst
> > OBJMACHINE makes the build system want to work in obj.${MACHINE}, so on
> > the i386, the system will want to make lots of obj.i386 links, which it
> > can't.
>
> You should be able to do a `make obj ARCH=i386' on the NFS server
> to get the symlinks created.

I think this should read:

make obj MACHINE=i386

This indeed creates the links (which were indeed missing for some programs) e.g.

/usr/src/sbin/atactl/obj.i386 -> /var/obj.i386/sbin/atactl

BUT now I'm more confused :-( How do I create the subdir atactl in
/var/obj.i386/sbin itself ??? I know I did it sometime ... but how?

Andreas