Subject: RE: Sharing /usr/src r/o among different architectures
To: None <apriebe@aip.de>
From: Alistair Crooks <acrooks@unixltd.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/05/1999 10:04:54
> BTW Is there a possibility to mount /usr/pkgsrc the same way
(readonly).
> By now it creates work.pmax and work.i386 WITHIN the pkgsrc tree.
> Are there any settings in mk.conf that can help?

Set WRKOBJDIR to be the root of the build hierarchy that you want. For
example,

WRKOBJDIR=	/usr/pkgobj

and then the various work.${MACHINE} directories will be created under
that directory, using the same category and package name as is present
in pkgsrc.

e.g. If you're in pkgsrc/editors/xemacs, with WRKOBJDIR set as above,
the build process will create
/usr/pkgobj/editors/xemacs/work.${MACHINE}, and will attempt to make a
symbolic link to that directory from pkgsrc/editors/xemacs, failing
silently if it can't.

We've done our best to create all temporary files etc under the work
directories - there may still be some lurking - if so, please let us
know.
Take care,
Alistair