Subject: Re: Kill problem
To: NetBSD current-users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@labitzke.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: current-users
Date: 01/01/1999 23:15:18
On Mon, 28 Dec 1998 Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no wrote:

> > I used kill -4 first, but got no response. So I tried kill -9,
> > which I understand should terminate a process at once. But
> > vgetty stilled stayed around and nothing changed.
>
> [Analysis of possible problem; hint about possible commands to
>  check the problem]

Thanks for the hints... I guess it might have been wrong usage by me
again. I haven't encountered the problem for some days now (before it was
quite often there) and I think I have found the problem to exist here. I
may have installed newly built kernels without rebooting and thus allowing
for those problems. Sorry for the noise...

Bye, Bjoern

--
Bjoern Labitzke   | E-Mail: hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de
PGP-Key available | Use PGP! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)