Subject: Re: Bus-Master DMA error: missing interrupt
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/27/1998 18:38:55
On Fri, 25 Dec 1998, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

: > BTW, cd driver does not properly check request size when reading
: >      through the end of partition, dd if=/dev/rcd0a of=/dev/null bs=64k
: >      results in
: >
: > cd0(pciide0:1:1):  Check Condition on CDB: 0x28 00 00 04 d6 00 00 00 20 00
: >     SENSE KEY:  Illegal Request
: >      ASC/ASCQ:  Logical Block Address Out of Range
:
: For now, I don't think anything initialize the partition table;
: the 'a' partition acts as a raw partition.

That's not quite it; I believe the user was mentioning the fact that neither
EOF nor errno=EIO are returned on a read past end of raw unit as with tape
drives; instead, the above check condition is generated.