Subject: Re: FlashPath support?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@phoenix.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/23/1998 20:47:17
It's interesting watching this discussion in parallel with a similar
discussion on a list dedicated to the Olympus OM series of 35mm SLRs...

On Wed, Dec 23, 1998 at 12:10:15AM -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> You know what I really want?  A Contax G with a good CCD in it.  It'd be
> *so* easy for them to build, and it would kick ass on every other digital
> camera out there... which is why they'll never do it. :-)

Well, sort of. The problem is that the CCDs required to give decent
resolution in a 24x36mm image wind up being about 12 megapixels. Expen$ive.
There's a company reputedly working on a drop-in cartridge that should work
in any 35mm camera, but it'd still be frightfully expen$ive. Shame, too,
cause I want something like that.

FWIW, I have a Minolta Dimage V to go with 9 Olympus SLRs of various types,
from an old OM-1 to a gorgeous OM-4...and lots of Zuiko lenses, too...I'm
awaiting the arrival of a SmartMedia to PCMCIA adapter to try.