Subject: Re: ftp transfer speed anomaly
To: None <>
From: Space Case <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/17/1998 22:36:59
On Dec 18, 12:04am, wrote:
>Well, you might check for rfc1323 compatability... but I've seen similar
>(but not as dramatic) problems before where just, for whatever reason,
>one direction is really slow.  Never bothered to track it down, I'm too

Doesn't that have more to do with header compression and dialup
connections?  These are two boxes connected via ethernet...
I changed it to 0 on the NetBSD box, and made no difference.
I remember on comp.dcom.modems.cable, talk of a program for setting
networking parameters.  I'll go look for it.

Steve Allen -   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <>

What makes the Universe so hard to comprehend is that there's nothing
to compare it with.