Subject: Re: ftp transfer speed anomaly
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/17/1998 22:36:59
On Dec 18, 12:04am, seebs@plethora.net wrote:
>Well, you might check for rfc1323 compatability... but I've seen similar
>(but not as dramatic) problems before where just, for whatever reason,
>one direction is really slow.  Never bothered to track it down, I'm too
>lazy.

Doesn't that have more to do with header compression and dialup
connections?  These are two boxes connected via ethernet...
I changed it to 0 on the NetBSD box, and made no difference.
I remember on comp.dcom.modems.cable, talk of a program for setting
networking parameters.  I'll go look for it.

~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

What makes the Universe so hard to comprehend is that there's nothing
to compare it with.