Subject: Re: ftp transfer speed anomaly
To: Space Case <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: [This is my bacque pas, this is my faux pas] <email@example.com>
Date: 12/17/1998 21:30:11
Have you done it all four ways, i.e. ON the WB98 box both TO and FROM NetBSD,
and ON the NetBSD box both TO and FROM WB98?
Space Case sez:
* This is just so wierd. I have this 250MB file that I transferred from my
* PC running NetBSD (1.3I, 11/26/98) to my PC running WinBlows 98. The speed
* was a respectable 860KB/second. I decided I needed to send it the other
* way (Win98 -> NetBSD) and got a dismal 4.8KB/second. Any ideas on what
* might cause this or how to track it down?
* Contrary to popular belief, Unix is user friendly.
* It just happens to be selective about who it makes friends with.
* -Kyle Hearn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Solaris 2 is not an upgrade from Solaris 1. They just want you to THINK it is.