Subject: Re: ftp transfer speed anomaly
To: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
From: [This is my bacque pas, this is my faux pas] <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/17/1998 21:30:11
Have you done it all four ways, i.e. ON the WB98 box both TO and FROM NetBSD,
and ON the NetBSD box both TO and FROM WB98?

Space Case sez:
/*
 * This is just so wierd.  I have this 250MB file that I transferred from my
 * PC running NetBSD (1.3I, 11/26/98) to my PC running WinBlows 98.  The speed
 * was a respectable 860KB/second.  I decided I needed to send it the other
 * way (Win98 -> NetBSD) and got a dismal 4.8KB/second.  Any ideas on what
 * might cause this or how to track it down?
 *
 * Thanks,
 * ~Steve
 * --
 * Contrary to popular belief, Unix is user friendly.
 * It just happens to be selective about who it makes friends with.
 * 	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

Heh.

 */

				--*greywolf;
--
Solaris 2 is not an upgrade from Solaris 1.  They just want you to THINK it is.