Subject: Re: question of style: _ vs. - in filenames
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/17/1998 21:01:18
[ On , December 17, 1998 at 19:11:37 (-0500), Mirian Crzig Lennox wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: question of style: _ vs. - in filenames
>
> The only thing I find aesthetically displeasing is the indiscriminate
> mixing of both styles.

Personally I don't think I'd want to describe any distinction as a
"style".  I actually use both in some cases, as circumstances require,
though I avoid "_" because it's harder to type.

Putting a ';' or a '*' or a '?' or even a ' ' [space or tab] in a unix
filename might be considered "bad practice", but again it's not really a
"style" issue.

--
							Greg A. Woods