Subject: Re: FFS panic "locking against myself"
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Brian C. Grayson <bgrayson@marvin.ece.utexas.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/17/1998 11:35:20
On Thu, Dec 17, 1998 at 02:07:05PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Dec 17, Brian C. Grayson wrote
> >   I modified lookup() to print the action type (create, delete,
> > rename, lookup) as well as the path name that it was working
> > on.  Here are the last things it does:
> >
> > <lots of lookups up to the top of the screen>
> > lookup /home/src/distrib/alpha/floppy
> > lookup src/
> > lookup /home/src/
> > delete src/
> > delete /home/src/
> > lookup src/ <-- this is the one that caused the inode-lock panic.
> >

> Just to be sure ... is the affected filesystem mounted async ?

  Nope -- here's the fstab entries, and I don't do anything
additional by hand:

/dev/wd0a / ffs rw 1 1
/dev/wd0b none swap sw 0 0
/dev/wd0e /usr ffs rw 1 1
/dev/wd0f /home ffs rw 1 1
/dev/wd0g /wd0g ffs rw,noauto 1 1
/usr/swap.100mb none swap sw,priority=2 0 0
/home/swap200M none swap sw,priority=1 0 0
/dev/wd0h       /msdos  msdos   noauto,rw       0 0

  Brian