Subject: "panic: trap" while trying to run linux/i386 netscape with current
To: None <,>
From: Thorsten Frueauf <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/15/1998 01:27:01

On my laptop (i386) I run a userland from current suped at 30.11.1998, and
today I build a kernel from sources suped at 14.12.1998. If I try to
run Netscape 4.08 (linux libc-5) binary, the machine freezes for a
short time and just resets. The crashdump from savecore just says
"panic: trap". So I rebuild a kernel with DEBUG and makeoptions DEBUG="-g",
with that it freezes (without reset) and prints several times

linux_old_to_native_sigaction: sa_restorer ignored

to the xconsole.

With my kernel build with 30.11.1998 sources the same binary just runs
well. Anyone sees this too and has some hint?

   Name  : Thorsten Frueauf            Milano@irc cri@onaliM       //
   E-Mail: oder     \X/