Subject: Re: sendmail licensing again
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/12/1998 04:55:43
> tools work based on this assumption and so far as I know it's not
> currently possible to get gdb, for example, to parse a PMake file and
> learn where it should find the sources, objects, and such are (or even
> to ask make to tell it these things are).  Not to say it can't be done,

Cooperation between GDB and 'make' is totally unnecessary.

cc -g -S hello.c

Look at hello.s; the first two ".stabs" lines should mention the working
directory of the compiler, and the command line argument for the source file.

If GDB cannot find the source from the executable, then either you goofed or
there is a bug that should be fixed.

I don't think "ease of debugging" is a valid argument against the src/gnu
directory -- teach your development tools how to find source files correctly.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com