Subject: Re: AVA 1502 support (i386)
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/1998 13:50:18
On Fri, Dec 11, 1998 at 09:45:03AM -0500, der Mouse wrote:

> The CDB 0x2a 00 00 69 05 7e 00 00 01 00 is a 10-byte write operation,
> attempting to write 0x0001 sectors at address 0x69057e (6882686
> decimal).  This is at approximately the 3.28G point from the beginning
> of the disk.  Since you say the drive is "a two gig Quantum Fireball",
> this is almost certainly just due to a partition table that places that
> partition off the end of the disk.

Hm... I could have sworn I had specified everything properly using the
cylander count I got from the startup message. I expect that I swapped
cylanders for sectors, or vice versa. Doh!

Thanks for the help.

Mason Loring
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments
  dropped from day's caravan."--Rabindranath Tagore..awake ? sleep : dream;