Subject: Re: sendmail licensing again
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <>
From: None <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/1998 12:44:34
In message <>, Greg A. Woods writes:
>So, "me too!" -- I'd not care a hoot if all of NetBSD were GPLed.

I would; I don't know how many of you know this, but I'm a part-time
BSDI employee, and I think the whole Unix world benefits from some of
the work BSDI can do - partially because they can grab code from the *BSD's

Maybe they could work as an open source system, but I don't know.

Essentially, while it wouldn't hurt me *directly* if NetBSD were under
GPL, it would hurt me a lot *indirectly* - because a lot of useful development
that I'm benefitting from has been done by people who needed the ability
to ship a proprietary box.

At least, that's been my understanding.