Subject: RE: PR 4094 (really about FreeBSD's approach to one aspect of the DDI/DKI)
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/1998 10:36:31
> All schemes I've ever seen to date that require keeping multiple lists
> of what goes into cdevsw/bdevsw in sync have always bugged the heck out
> of me, especially when the solution has always seemed so obvious to me....

I seem to remember someone from BSDI posted their method here quite some
time ago. They basically expanded the necessary tables generating a conf.c
from a template and a device database. I don't know if their MAKEDEV script
uses the same database or is generated too, but it's certainly doable.

Martin