Subject: Re: aix7xxx problems with negotiating "Ultra" speeds....
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/10/1998 12:27:47
[ On , December 9, 1998 at 23:43:57 (-0800), Chris G. Demetriou wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: aix7xxx problems with negotiating "Ultra" speeds....
>
> I belive that it's been demonstrated that the people who work on
> NetBSD are competent to implement a slow changeover to a new framework
> if that's appropriate.

Yes, that's true, and I agree that a controlled changeover would be a
"good" thing.  This would be particularly important to users if the
changover were to span more than one release branch.  In that case it
really must be done with care and consideration and some means of
supporting both frameworks, even if only as a compile time option.  I do
have every confidence that "y'all" could do that though!  ;-)

I don't know how much time and skill I have to devote to getting my
hands dirty with the implementation, should it press forward, but I
would at least be helping test and fix minor bugs, etc. as a knowlegable
user.

--
							Greg A. Woods