Subject: Re: aix7xxx problems with negotiating "Ultra" speeds....
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/09/1998 23:43:57
woods@most.weird.com (Greg A. Woods) writes:
> Personally I think that fearing the FreeBSD CAM implementation just
> because it doesn't support 100% of the hardware NetBSD currently
> supports is silly.  Even if some hardware is (possibly only temporarily)
> "lost" because of the switch, I suspect the gain is still far more
> advantageous.

I belive that it's been demonstrated that the people who work on
NetBSD are competent to implement a slow changeover to a new framework
if that's appropriate.

	UVM
	wscons
	compiler and toolchain bits
	hell, the existing SCSI code!!!

I would therefore claim that concerns about "support issues while
migrating" can be coped with, if the migration is, in fact, desirable.

cgd