Subject: Re: aix7xxx problems with negotiating "Ultra" speeds....
To: Justin T. Gibbs <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <email@example.com>
Date: 12/09/1998 15:53:12
On Wed, 09 Dec 1998 16:15:59 -0700
"Justin T. Gibbs" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> >I agree, and there ARE a lot of problems with the CAM code.
> Lots == 2? Seems like a glowing recommendation!
Did I say those were the only ones?
(3) No support for ATAPI (show-stopper).
(4) Some missing target drivers (show-stopper).
(5) Serious lack of documentation (show-stopper, because without
this, how do we make the plethora of HBA drivers we support
(6) There seems to be this notion of "physical addresses" within
the CAM code itself. What's going on here? This isn't
(7) Host bus adapter drivers misuse bus_dma, almost as a feature.
Anyhow, those are a few more based on my very quick glance at FreeBSD-current.
Jason R. Thorpe email@example.com
NASA Ames Research Center Home: +1 408 866 1912
NAS: M/S 258-5 Work: +1 650 604 0935
Moffett Field, CA 94035 Pager: +1 650 940 5942