Subject: Re: ccd help needed
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Scott Bartram <scottb@orionsoft.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/09/1998 14:20:05
You're probably correct (I'll test it tonight). I misread 'cylinder' as
'sector' in the ccd(4) manpage:

  Note that the `raw' partitions of the disks should not be combined.
  Each component partition should be offset at least one cylinder from the
  beginning of the component disk.  This avoids potential conflicts
  between the component disk's disklabel and the ccd's disklabel.  The
  kernel will only allow component partitions of type FS_BSDFFS.