Subject: Re: 100baseT ethernet card questions
To: Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 12/07/1998 23:45:40
  I had to get the just saved yesterday tulip.c to get the latest PNIC
chips to work in our Linux server. They went from using the internal
100Mb/s PHY to using an MII bus, and the chip has no way to autodetect
them. We were now going buy six packs of them instead of the Rhine II
chips from Surecom as the Linux driver for that is worse. Suited me
fine since I assumed that NetBSD would do a better job of providing
MII support. I haven't tried yet, but I will...

]              At IETF43. It's sure humid.                      |1 Fish/2 Fish[
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |Red F./Blow F[
] mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |strong crypto[