Subject: Re: 100baseT ethernet card questions
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/07/1998 17:57:43
In message <199812072313.PAA02669@lestat.nas.nasa.gov>, Jason Thorpe writes:
>People like Bay Networks (the people who make the NetGear line) didn't have
>much of a choice.

Not about whether or not to use the Digital chip, but nothing kept them
from marketing the "new" FA-320TX, and telling people that the 310 was
discontinued.

The alternative has been to silently screw people who want to buy a
part based on a given chip, especially ones who want to use mail order.
I had to spend at least an extra $20 getting ethernet cards recently
because my only choice was to go to a store and look at boxes until
I found a couple with Digital chipsets.  :(

-s