Subject: Re: turning sendmail into a symlink
To: Nathan J. Williams <paul.wain@nc.com>
From: Not for internal consumption <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/07/1998 10:42:38
"Nathan J. Williams" sez:
/*
 * script that reads a config file; or take another cue from the X setup
 * and have /usr/sbin/sendmail point to /etc/sendmail, which in turn
 * points to the appropriate system-specific mailer.

I think we spent enough time prior to the 4.4 release moving binaries
OUT of /etc that I don't think we want to put them -- or links to them --
back IN to /etc.

Perhaps we ought to start looking at this less in terms of "sendmail"
(the PORT isn't called sendmail!) and more in terms of "mta"; perhaps
an /etc/mta.conf file to point to the proper mail transfer agent.

Maybe we should just push to rename the thing "smtpd" or "mtad" or something
more function-related as opposed to product/program-name-related.

 *
 * 	- Nathan
 */

				--*greywolf;
--
Have A Nice Day [TM].
	(Have A Nice Day is a registered trademark of the State of California.)