Subject: Re: (KAME-snap 242) NetBSD: how to sync with current?
To: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
List: current-users
Date: 12/05/1998 10:19:27
On Fri, Dec 04, 1998 at 01:58:34PM -0500, Michael Richardson wrote:

>     >>  Putting KAME into NetBSD repository will solve the problem (of
>     >> course) but there are many issues for that: - we have to make
>     >> KAME -Werror clean :-) - we need to think again about type of
>     >> protosw[] and chained header processing, so that KAME can be
>     >> more compatible with traditional 4.4BSD network stack.  - it
>     >> needs NetBSD core team's agreement, of course.  I heard last
>     >> spring that NetBSD is planning to go with INRIA IPv6
>     >> distribution.  I see no move so far since then...
>
>     Erik> Neither have I -- We have machines running with NetBSD and
>     Erik> both the KAME and INRIA IPv6 software, and we just slowly
>     Erik> learning both to know, but cannot give any well-founded

Hello all,

Sorry to interrupt you, but my reason for sending my comment to the
message originally sent to the KAME mailing list to current-users was not to
bring up a big discussion about binary snapshots and cross-compiling,
but rather to request information and ideas for how external developers
(e.g. the KAME project) can track NetBSD-current in the least painful
way, while keeping focussed on developing their own software.

- Erik