Subject: Re: 1.3.2, a snapshot or -current?
To: nm <nmanisca@vt.edu>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/03/1998 10:18:57
nm <nmanisca@vt.edu> writes:
> I have noticed problems (panics) when trying to print to the local printer
> on lpt0.

!!!  What is the information associated with these panics?  can you
send dmesg output?

There's a long history of spontaneous reboots on the i386 with lpt,
and it's never been particularly debuggable.  On an alpha, you might
be able to actually provide useful information.

> I am looking for a safer bet that will let me use IPFilter (must be > 1.3.2
> then).
>
> Whats the best way to go?  The 10/16/98 snapshot for alpha or -current?

1.3.3 will contain an ipfilter that works on the alpha.  (see my
posting to netbsd-users for more info about 1.3.3 timeframe.)

However, on the alpha, because of other improvements in the code since
the 1.3 branch, -current may make sense...

cgd