Subject: -current failed to build and I'm stuck
To: None <>
From: Paul B Dokas <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/02/1998 11:42:34
I supped my -current box up to yesterday's -current sources, rebuilt the
kernel, rebooted and then kicked off a 'cd /usr/src ; make build'.  After
a little while, it crapped out somewhere in /usr/src/gnu/lib with the
wonderful message:

/usr/libexec/ Undefined symbol "___sys_nerr14" in as:/usr/lib/

It seems that I'm now unable to run *any* of the following:

  as, nm, strings

to name just a few.  Thus, I'm completely unable to rebuilt anything to
fix this problem...  <ouch>

Can someone please help by either talking me through this or email me
a statically linked as or -current* (one that contains

Paul Dokas
Don Juan Matus:  "an enigma wrapped in mystery wrapped in a tortilla."