Subject: Re: wscons
To: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
From: Michael C. Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 12/01/1998 23:47:08

    Michael> pcvt has kcon to reprogram the keyboard. Does wscons have
    Michael> something similar?

    Jones> Not yet.  At least two people (one of whom is me) have said they
    Jones> were interested in writing userland support for wscons, but it
    Jones> hasn't happened yet.  I suppose it should get done before NetBSD
    Jones> 1.4 comes out.  I'm currently in the middle of writing wscons(4),
    Jones> etc. pages which document all of the new ioctl's.

  Drat, that means that I have to remove wscons from my notebook as I
can't live with the stupid caps-lock key where it is... well...
  I would like to write the program to do this, but from looking at stuff,
I think I have to wait for your man page. I'll just hack wskbdmap_mfii.c.

   :!mcr!:            |  Network and security consulting/contract programming
   Michael Richardson |         Firewalls, TCP/IP and Unix administration
 Personal: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html
 Corporate: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/SSW/
	ON HUMILITY: To err is human, to moo bovine.