Subject: Re: i386 Xserver with support for wscons ?
To: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
List: current-users
Date: 11/30/1998 20:28:48
On Mon, Nov 30, 1998 at 06:13:38PM +0100, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> Do I need to do anything special to make X server working machine using
> -current kernel with wscons ? I semm to be outa luck now ...

I have the following new entries in my custom kernel configuration
to support wscons with X:

# wscons options
#options        WSEMUL_SUN
options         WSEMUL_VT100
options         WS_KERNEL_FG=WSCOL_GREEN
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_PCVT   #emulate some ioctls
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_SYSCONS        #emulate some ioctls
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_USL    # VT handling
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_RAWKBD # can get raw scancodes

#options        PCKBD_LAYOUT="(KB_DK | KB_NODEAD)"
options PCKBD_LAYOUT="(KB_DK)"

Furthermore I have the wscons related device entries, mostly taken
from the distributed NWSCONS kernel configuration file.

You also need to add some ttyEx, etc. entries to /dev it looks like
"sh MAKEDEV wscons" is the way to go.

With this setup, I'm currently running X with my NetBSD/i386-current
machine. I've done this with the XF86_SVGA, and recently with the
XF86_Mach68 servers.

I hope that this helps a little...

- Erik