Subject: wanted: SCSI guru
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/30/1998 11:44:28
I've got a thing sitting on my desk that I'd really like to get
working with NetBSD.  Luckily for me, my boss is also interested in
this, and he believes I should spend some time writing code, if that's
what's necessary.  However, I lack the necessary expertise.  Is there
anybody out there who understands something about how SCSI media
changers work, who would be willing to coach me on this?

It's a CD burner with attached robotics to move CD's between various
hoppers and drives and such.  The guy I've been talking with at the
manufacturer claims that it follows the SCSI media changer spec, but
NetBSD doesn't like it.  It says something about being unable to sense
the mode pages.

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                          cjones@honors.montana.edu