Subject: Re: problems with perl and sig* renaming
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@ora.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/30/1998 01:43:38
jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU (Jonathan Stone) writes:

>But I wonder what other third-party code is
>silently failing. Should we do

>     #ifndef _KERNEL
>     #include <signal.h>
>     #endif

>in sys/signal.h, to avoid this?  Does that conflict with POSIX?

I don't like that solution.  I'd prefer if the "random crap" stopped
including sys/signal.h.  From the perl failure I guess we are the only
OS, uhm, "doing it" that way.

Another option would be to remove libc/arch/$MACHINE/sys/sigaction.S and
libc/gen/sigsetops.c from the source and bump the libc major number.
(The log messages on these files aren't helpful to me.)
That would prevent programs which fail to include signal.h from linking.

Of course, we could implement both changes and fix things for good. :-)

--
Christoph Badura
Verlag O'Reilly