Subject: Re: named.conf - topology option
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Andrew Brown <twofsonet@graffiti.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/29/1998 21:22:25
>Despite having the following in my named.conf file, it seems that any
>attempt to lookup pc1.whooppee.com alternate between the two addresses,
>rather than "preferring" the address on my local ethernet.
>
>options {
>        topology {
>                209.182.147.64/29;
>                0/0;
>        };
>};

what you want is "sorted" responses, which bind8 doesn't do.  this
just tells your named to "prefer" name servers that it finds (in
authority sections that it needs for further information when
processing a recursive query) that are local before considering
everything else.

it refers to name server topology, not your network topology.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|