Subject: XFree & wscons' mouse
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/29/1998 14:58:07
Hi,

last night I updated my XFree and kernel, and the new X servers now come
up fine on wscons (on i386). The only problem is, I don't know how to get
the mouse working. :> dmesg(8) tells me:

pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard
psm0 at pckbc0 (aux slot)
pckbc0: using irq 12 for aux slot
wsmouse0 at psm0

Putting in /dev/wsmouse0 as "Device" in the XF86Config's Pointer section
wasn't enough, at least not with Protocol "BusMouse" and the other
settings that worked fine with a non-wscons-kernel for me (with pms0, and
BaudRate 1200, SampleRate 0).

Can anyone help me with getting my mouse to work? Thanks!

 - Hubert

P.S.: Please reply directly to me, I'm not on this list

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>