Subject: named.conf - topology option
To: #List NetBSD current users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/29/1998 03:07:29
Does anyone know how this is supposed to work?  Does it in fact work as
designed?

My problem:

In recent -current, my ppp0 interface seems to have lost the ability to
respond to local IP requests (see previous message).  But, DNS is set up
to return two addresses for pc1.whooppee.com, one on my local ethernet,
and one on my end of the ppp link.

Despite having the following in my named.conf file, it seems that any
attempt to lookup pc1.whooppee.com alternate between the two addresses,
rather than "preferring" the address on my local ethernet.

options {
        topology {
                209.182.147.64/29;
                0/0;
        };
};

| Paul Goyette      | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:   | E-mail addresses:        |
| Network Engineer  |   BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com       |
| and kernel hacker |   91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  paul.goyette@ascend.com |