Subject: named broken?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: I presume I need no introduction. <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/28/1998 11:40:30
Okay, this is odd.  I rebuilt my name server over the LAST weekend,
installed it THIS weekend, and it suddenly broke, causing all my mail
to bounce for two days.  This is also the fault of the mail config,
but that's another story entirely.  I restored the old named from tape,
fixed sendmail.cf (brute force method) and it worked again.

It reported being named version 8.something, I think.  It was very odd.

I just now rebuilt named, and the (installed) manpage does not match the
(rebuilt) binary.

Can someone please elucidate as to what the hell went wrong (pardon my
Klingon)?

				--*greywolf;
--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
 for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."  --unknown;