Subject: re: de0 problems
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 11/26/1998 12:25:23
   	Tried both a 1.3.2 boot floppy, and the 1.3H snapshot.

   	It sees the card, I can iconfig it up, but I can't ping any other
   	hosts (no data seen on network), and other hosts cannot ping it.

   	Does anyone have any ideas on this - card functions perfectly
   	under another OS in same machine (nextstep in this case)

i tried putting a de card in my 486/66, and i had the same problem.
the card probed and configured fine, but i never saw any packets from
it or did it see any packets.  actually, two different cards, that
had been working in an i386 (NT) and an alpha (DUh)..

this was with the 1.3 branch..

i now have an "ep1" that is doing it's job..