Subject: Re: mbrlabel bug
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 11/25/1998 13:47:50
>> I don't recall seeing any resolution mentioned, though I think
>> playing with optimization options (turning it off, or on, or
>> something) was reported to make the warning go away.

> Yup.  -O0 lets it compile.  So we'll need something like this?
> +
> +.if (${MACHINE_ARCH} == "m68k")
> +COPTS+=-O0
> +.endif

Well, I suppose you could, but I'd prefer to change

	off_t foo = xxx;

	off_t foo = 0;
	foo = xxx;

Of course, without testing, I can't be sure that will shut the warning
up.  Based on the (off_t)(a*b) experiment, I would guess it will.

I'd still rather fix the compiler bug, of course, but can't see that as
likely to happen anytime soon.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca