Subject: My $8 PCI NE-2000 really really likes -current.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/25/1998 05:41:32
This started happening a couple SUPs ago, but unfortunately I wasn't being
anal enough to test every single new set of sources by the time I noticed
the change, so I don't know exactly when it came in.

Sometime in the last month or so, perhaps as a result of the media stuff
Jason Thorpe did, the ne* driver suddenly figured out how to correctly
initialize my $8 Fry's PCI NE-2000 clone. Previously I would have to log in
on the console and use "ifconfig ne2 down ; ifconfig ne2 up" after every
boot, to enable usable networking so I could rlogin from my other boxes.

If anyone out there made a change trying to fix this particular problem,
then in my case at least, you've fixed it. Thanks!

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com