Subject: Re: i386/egcs/signal problems
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 11/24/1998 22:07:50
Patrick Welche wrote:

> Anyway, it means that sort of nonsense seems to have sorted
> itself out, but I am still stuck on the
>
> lint -chapbxz -D_LIBC -DNLS -DYP -DLIBC_SCCS -DSYSLIBC_SCCS -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/src/lib/libc/include -D__DBINTERFACE_PRIVATE -DRESOLVSORT -DPOSIX_MISTAKE -DFLOATING_POINT -i /usr/src/lib/libc/quad/fixunsdfdi.c
>
> looping. Is there a fix for this?

As someone rightly pointed out, lint1 was looping in strtod. My libc was 16 Nov,
strtod.c was changed on 16th, probably after I built it. Problem then was how
to build libc with bad libc - prevent compilation of quad directory, and am now
happily compiling the whole thing again, so all OK now! I guess I was very
unlucky in my choice of time to sup / build...

Cheers,

Patrick