Subject: Re: i386/egcs/signal problems
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 11/22/1998 22:10:21
Todd Vierling wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Nov 1998, Patrick Welche wrote:
>
> : Fudge factor: I only changed libcc1.so.1.1 when changing compilers, the world
> : was built with current of 16 Nov.
>
> If you don't update both libcc1 *AND* the rest of the compiler binaries, you
> will break.

Just to make myself clear: I changed:

/usr/libexec/{lint1,lint2,cc1,cc1plus,cc1obj,f771,collect2}
/usr/bin/{asa,fpr,lex,flex++,flex,lorder,menuc,mkstr,msgc,rpcgen,lint,xstr,yacc
  strip,ar,ranlib,gdb,as,ld,gcc,cc,g++,c++,g77,f77}

and the only library I changed was libcc1. ie., I didn't change libc or any
others - that's what I meant by "fudge factor".

Cheers,

Patrick