Subject: Re: "BSD Authentication"
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael C. Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 11/22/1998 13:33:01
    Peter> I was thinking about how cool it would be if NetBSD could have a
    Peter> feature like this.  I wrote the author, because I vaguely
    Peter> remembered hearing that some day this would be distributed code.
    Peter> Well, it's under a BSD license.  It could be put in NetBSD as long
    Peter> as credit is given.

  I think that this is a very useful thing to have. A problem with the use
of login_foo is that ftpd, sshd, etc.. can't easily use it. Or is the
interface more complicated than deal with stdin/stdout, and do the right
thing?

   :!mcr!:            |  Network and security consulting/contract programming
   Michael Richardson |         Firewalls, TCP/IP and Unix administration
 Personal: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html
 Corporate: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/SSW/
	ON HUMILITY: To err is human, to moo bovine.