Subject: Re: NetBSD/i386 Nov 17 1998 snapshot
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: current-users
Date: 11/21/1998 18:23:03
Hi,

I regret having to tell you this, but as I reported in PR
lib/6470 the snapshot I produced the other day had potentially
severe bugs in it, causing among other things perror(3) to take
segmentation faults.  To this day I do not know what the root
cause of these problems were -- I suspect some odd build sequence
dependency.  Even though the build tools in the snapshot still
appeared to work, I decided to push out a rebuilt snapshot where
the problem documented in the PR above can no longer be
reproduced.

The revised snapshot is available as

ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/snap-19981117a/NetBSD-1.3H/i386/

(note the "a" at the end of the date) and the sources this
snapshot was built from is available in

ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/snap-19981117a/NetBSD-1.3H/source/

If there are no major showstoppers with this snapshot I think
it'll be a while to the next one.

As always, please report any bugs found.

Regards,

- H=E5vard