Subject: Re: apmd battery/line script names
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 11/20/1998 14:29:52
On Thu, 19 Nov 1998 17:33:16 -0500  Ken Hornstein wrote:

> I've had some people tell me that they find the names of the battery/line
> scripts non-intuitive.
>
> I'm neutral about the names (they don't seem confusing to me :-) ), but
> I'm wondering what other people think.  One suggestion was:
>
> - toBattery
> - toLine

In Oz, we typically refer to "mains power" and not "line power".  Maybe:
   - battery-power
   - mains-power (or line-power)

I've not got anything that does apm stuff, but is there the concept of
something that gets called when battery power is low?  Then we could
have a "battery-low" script (with a corresponding "battery-ok" script??)
as well.

Also, are the path names to the scripts configurable (either by
environment variables or a config file)?

Just some random mutterings.

Simon.