Subject: Re: NetBSD/i386 Nov 17 1998 snapshot
To: Tracy J. Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/19/1998 22:12:23
Tracy J. Di Marco White writes:

> I downloaded the boot.fs from ftp.netbsd.org, and used it to try to install.
> It still doesn't seem to have enough room.  I removed /etc/{s,}pwd.db again,
> and I still didn't have enough space.  df -k said I had 190K available after
> removing those two files.
>
> I'm not particularly familiar with sysinst, I've only used it on pmax until
> this try, and had plenty of room on the diskimage.  Is there something odd
> that I could change on my system that would cause it to need so much space?

Hmm, I've seen the "disk full" error message with sysinst several times.
Everytime it was because the disklabel/newfs/mount *failed* and nothing
was actually mounted.  Then sysinst happily tried to copy files over
to /mnt, which obviously filled up the ramdisk.  Drop to a shell and
verify you can mount the partitions off of the hard disk.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.