Subject: Re: NetBSD/i386 Nov 17 1998 snapshot
To: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
From: Tracy J. Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/19/1998 18:48:27
}Maybe.  But if it gets filled up more, there is a danger of it not
}fitting on a 1.44MB diskette anymore.

}I did the conservative thing, i.e. I bumped the ramdisk area in the
}INSTALL configuration by 100 blocks, and reconstructed the boot
}images.  This time I even booted all three of them, and verified that
}on all of them "df -k" said something like "100KB free" on the root
}file system.

}I've installed the new boot.fs file on ftp.netbsd.org, and I've
}recomputed the checksums of the files.  (Note, I've not updated the
}source snapshot accordingly.)

}Please tell me if this fixes the problem.

I downloaded the boot.fs from ftp.netbsd.org, and used it to try to install.
It still doesn't seem to have enough room.  I removed /etc/{s,}pwd.db again,
and I still didn't have enough space.  df -k said I had 190K available after
removing those two files.

I'm not particularly familiar with sysinst, I've only used it on pmax until
this try, and had plenty of room on the diskimage.  Is there something odd
that I could change on my system that would cause it to need so much space?

Tracy J. Di Marco White
Project Vincent Systems Manager
gendalia@iastate.edu