Subject: Re: unsuccessful reboot
To: None <ckane@best.com>
From: Guenther Grau <Guenther.Grau@bk.bosch.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/19/1998 23:23:30
C Kane wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I have some IBM Intellistation Z-Pro systems with dual Pentium Pro processors.
>
> Under NetBSD-1.3.1 and NetBSD-1.3.2, the reboot command works as expected.
>
> Under NetBSD-current, after the disks are sync()'ed and probably when the
> BIOS regains control, the system beeps:  beep, pause, beep, beep, beep, pause, beep,
> and then hangs hard.
[...]
> Has anyone else seen any problem similar to this?

No, I haven't but did you take a look into the manual that came with the
machine? They have a list that explain, what the beep codes mean. It
might
help to find the bug if we knew what the system complains about.

  Guenther

P.S.: And please, no crossposting. Decide which mailing list is most
appropriate and choose it. If no good answers turn up, you may try
another
list, but don't crosspost. Thanx.