Subject: Re: arm32 -current installs DOA ld.so
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/19/1998 04:52:14
> Uh, you did apply patches to the whole gnu/usr.bin/ld tree, *right*?
> That subtree does *not* build right from -current.

[ goes off to FTP the patches and apply them to Nov-17 -current ]

[expletive deleted] !!  When Mark announced the CATS changes were all in,
I thought he was referring to everything in those patches, because most of
them were already in -current when I tried applying them in early October.

> You should pick up ALL source patches available in
> /pub/NetBSD/arch/arm32/snapshot for the latest snapshot and apply them
> before building -current.

Done. A 'make build' is running as I type this.

Oops, it already failed. Hmm:

building shared bz2 library (version 0.0)
ld -x -shared  -o libbz2.so.0.0    --whole-archive libbz2_pic.a --no-whole-archive
ld: libbz2_pic.a(bzlib.so): gotslot at 0x4 is multiple valued: 0x20 vs 0x228
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Does this mean I need to flush my installed userland and start over?
(Sounds like a good idea regardless...)

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com